Author: Dr. Karen (8 Articles)
Patient: hi there , my forearms are very itchy, no rash at all
Already Tried: Calamine lotion
a few questions for clarity:
1) any medical problems
2) any medications
3) any new products (detergent , soap)
4) are your arms exposed to sun?
5) any other symptoms- fever, cough, cold etc
6) are you an allergic type?
7) How long have you had this?
That should do it for now- then I can answer efficiently for you!!
1) any medical problems – NO I AM IN VERY GOOD HEALTH
2) any medications – NO
3) any new products (detergent , soap) – NOT THAT I CAN REMEMBER,
4) are your arms exposed to sun? YES
5) any other symptoms- fever, cough, cold etc – NO
6) are you an allergic type? – I WAS AS A CHILD. MILK, DUST ETC.. I JUST GREW OUT OF IT.
7) How long have you had this? FOR 1.5 YEARS , NOT ALL THE TIME THOUGH.
There are many cause of itching- unexplained to us, but there are ways to clarify.
Being a healthy man and not on medication rules a number of causes out.
However, the itching can be a sign of other internal problems- so if it has gone on this long, you need to check in with a doc and get examined. You also need labwork because liver, kidney, blood problems all can cause itching when nothing is on the skin.
Having said that first, exposure to sun can cause itching later in the day- but there is usually some rash that comes and goes.
The most common cause is simply dry skin.
1) Try some skin moisturizing lotion daily, see if that takes it away.
2) Get to the doc and have labwork done to check your other organ fuction and make sure all is normal..
3) You can try over the counter antihistamines AKA claritin etc to stave it off, or stop it when a problem.
4) think hard about any new products, or ones you use on occasion to see if there is a relationship ( cream, aftershave, cologne etc)
5) check out this website for further info:
I hope this was helpful-
Feel free to ask anything else to clarify.