I AM A 51 YEAR OLD FEMALE. I BEEN SUFFERING ADOMANAL PAIN FOR OVER FIVE YEARS.

Patient: I AM A 51 YEAR OLD FEMALE. I BEEN SUFFERING ADOMANAL PAIN FOR OVER FIVE YEARS. I HAVE BEEN TREATED WITH LUPON INJECTION TWICE,COLONOSPHY,PARTIAL HYST. IN JUNE 09 FULL HYST.I HAVE HAD SEVERAL TEST AND ULTA SOUNDS -SCANS AND NOT TO SAY THREE OF MORE DOCTORS. STILL I AM HAVING MAJOR PAIN THAT KEEP ME FROM PERFORMING AT WORK OR SLEEPING AT NIGHT. I AM ON PERPOCETS AND METHDONE AND NO ANSWER OF THE CAUSE.

Optional Information
Gender: Female
Already Tried: TO FIND A DOCTOR OR DOCTORS WITH AN ANSWER. I AM BEING AVOIDED AFTER THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAUSE I NO LONGER. USUALLY I’M TOLD PAIN MANAGEMENT. I KNOW I HAVE A MEDICAL PROBLEM AND NO ONE CAN FIND THE PROBLEM!

Doctor: Hi . Thank you for asking your question.I AM working on your answer. CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE TYPE OF PAIN AND LOCATION OF PAIN. AND WORSE WHEN, AND BETTER ,,WHEN?

Patient: OK. I STARTED WITH SEVERE PAIN IN THE LOWER PART OF MY STOMACH AROUND MY MENSTRUAL TIME MAYBE SEVEN YEARS AGO. MY DECEASED OBGYN GIVEN ME A LUPON INJECTION. I DID RECEIVE RELIEF FOR APPROX.THREE YEARS. NOW FOR A CONSTANT FIVE YEARS OF CONSTANT PAIN. THE NEXT DOCTOR GAVE ME ANOTHER LUPON INJECTON AT THIS POINT NO RELIEF AND A COLONOSPHY ANLONG WITH ULTA SOUNDS AND OTHER TEST. NO RESULTS. ANOTHER DOCTOR DECIDED TO GIVE ME A HYST.ON THE FIRST ONE HE SAID HE ONLY SAW REASON FOR A PARTIAL. NO RELIEF. LATER, JUNE 09 FULL HYST. NO RELIEF. ALL THIS TIME I HAVE BEEN ON PERPOCETS AND METHDONE. THE PAIN IN UNDER MY NAVEL FROM SIDE TO SIDE OF THE LOWER PART OF MY STOMACH. THE PAIN AWAKENS ME FOR MEDICATION AT NIGHT AND DURING DAY I CAN NOT GO WITHOUT MEDICATION. PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE THREE CHILDREN IN MY CARE THAT I AM TOO TIRED TO FULLY TAKE CARE OF.

Doctor: From the description you have given, i can reason out one of the two conditions.

1) If the tubes and ovaries have been preserved , when a hysterectomy was done , then this is the tubo ovarian masses or ovarian custs with fibrosis which is giving you the pain.

2) intestinal and omental adhesions where the intestines are plastered with each other because of previous surgeries,this pain usually is chronic pain and requires a repeat surgery.

3) endo metrosis : a condition where there is abdominal pain aggrevated during menstrual cycles and becomes chronic if the uterus is removed.

4) it could be a retrocoecal uninflamed appendicits, which has become chronic and has healed with fibrosis and a pocket of inflamation. this pain is usually below the navel from side to side

Patient: ARE YOU SAYING EVEN IF I HAD A PARTIAL AND THEN A FULL HYST THAT MAYBE MY INTESTINALS ARE SCARED AND MAYBE NEED 3RD SURGURY?

Doctor:  I have seen in my practice and experience that 1% of the women who had a single surgery, have had stuck intestines, to omentum, and mesentry(the covering of intestines) all just plastered, and a surgery had to be done to release all the structures which were stuck. Some times surgeons have removed these plasterd intestines and found complications of previous surgeries as forgetting a gause piece inside the abdomen , thus leading to chronic pain for the patient, but in your case i feel its the plastered intestines or a chronic appendix stuck or got caught up in the intestines.

Patient: WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Doctor: actually my honest advice would be to show my advice to a surgeon, and take an opinion. cut and paste the advice above and show it to your doctor too. they can then reason out a plan for you. this is a surgical condition, you must get a surgeons advice. medical conditions have associated other symptoms.

Patient:  CAN THIS SURGERY BE DONE BY A SURGEON WITH NO EXPERIENCE IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION. I SEE LACK OF KNOWLEGE IN MY SITUATION WITH CURRENT SURGEON. HE WANTS TO SEND ME TO PAIN MANGEMENT AND I SUFFER THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Doctor: Please, do not go to a surgeon who has no experience, this surgery is very technical, an expert surgeon can do it very well, but in the hands of an unexperienced surgeon it would create more problems ahead. like a fistual in intestine, or a cut in the ureter, or mensentric damage.this surgery would go slow but it would clear all your adhesions and give you a pain free life ahead. may be two surgeons working as a team can give better results. ask for recording on a video casette of the surgery done , as a proof of what was found during the surgical procedure right from skin to skin.

Patient: I taken your dinosis to my surgeon and he said maybe he agree. But,he want to go in the area you said on this month the 24th in a laoscopy manner.Through navel.instead of the drastic manner you stated. I think this is prolonging! Do you?

One Reply to “I AM A 51 YEAR OLD FEMALE. I BEEN SUFFERING ADOMANAL PAIN FOR OVER FIVE YEARS.”